quirkbooks

Quirk Books

A BookLikes community page for Quirk Books, an independent book publisher based in Philadelphia. We publish 25 strikingly unconventional books every year. Learn more at QuirkBooks.com.

The Phantom of Menace by Ian Doescher: The Pre-Order Campaign

IMPORTANT NOTE: The campaign ends on April 7! Pre-order now--there are only 4 days left!

The prequels are upon us! Over the next few months, Ian Doescher’s epic William Shakespeare’s Star Wars trilogy will become even more epic, as Phantom of Menace, The Clone Army Attacketh, and Tragedy of the Sith’s Revenge hit bookstores everywhere.

Today, we’re launching the pre-order campaign for Phantom of Menace, due out April 7th. You’ll have a chance to get a free signed bookplate from Ian Doescher, and the opportunity to win all kinds of awesome swag, including posters and custom written sonnets! Note, the campaign is open to US and Canada only.

Read on!

FIRST TIER: THE SIGNED BOOKPLATE

Jedi Level: Youngling, Status: OPEN, UNLIMITED (Until Pub Date)

Want a signed bookplate for your copy of Phantom of Menace? If you pre-order a copy and emailmarketing@quirkbooks.com a screenshot or photo of your receipt, you’ll receive a free, signed bookplate from Ian Doescher to sticker inside of your book!

On Twitter? Tell your friends you pre-ordered, and use the hashtag #PhantomOfMenace!

SECOND TIER: THE CLONE ARMY ATTACKETH POSTER PACK

Jedi Level: Padawan, Status: LOCKED, 100 Posters Available!

We created some gorgeous posters to promote the second prequel, The Clone Army Attacketh! These will be given away at events like New York Comic Con. Now’s your chance to score one of these!

This perk unlocks once we hit 50 pre-orders.

Once open, the first 100 pre-order-ers will get a poster as well as their signed bookplate. Email your receipt to marketing@quirkbooks.com

THIRD TIER: FRAMED, SIGNED POSTER

Jedi Level: Knight, Status: LOCKED, 5 Available!

While the second tier’s posters come folded and in an envelope (but don’t worry, we’ll be careful, we’re collectors ourselves!), this particular perk is a FRAMED, SIGNED POSTER from Ian! Maybe he’ll even write a little verse on it, just for you. Knowing him, that’s almost a certainty.

Once we’ve hit 100 pre-orders, this tier will unlock. Once unlocked, five random pre-order-ers will win a framed 14x24 poster, signed by Ian. We’ll email the winners on pub date.

Winners will be selected at random using Random.org in our spreadsheets.

FOURTH TIER: SIGNED TRILOGY BOXSET

Jedi Level: Master, Status: LOCKED, 5 Available

At last, you’re a Master Jedi. Congrats. At this tier, five lucky pre-order-ers will get a signed boxset of the William Shakespeare’s Star Wars trilogy!

This pre-order perk unlocks once we hit 200 pre-orders. After that, five lucky pre-order-ers will get a signed boxset, as well as bookplate and poster.  We’ll let you know on the book’s publication date, when the pre-order campaign ends.

FIFTH TIER: CUSTOM SONNET FROM IAN DOESCHER

Jedi Level: Luke, Status: LOCKED, 3 Available

You’ve reached the final tier! Once we’ve hit 500 pre-orders, we’ll unlock this level!

At this level, three very lucky random pre-order-ers will score a special custom written sonnet from Ian Doescher about a topic of your choosing! He’ll sign it in your book, or on a sheet of paper that you can frame. Up to you. We’ll work with you and Ian to get the sonnet sent your way.